Monday, April 15, 2013

before I knew the whole scene was over

another one grew into all the old spaces


and I choose not to cling

to the old identity that was defined


by what had been...

I shook the strangeness off my mind


and carrying the wealth of memories that became

the content of my being


I went down the street

(age appropriate since those splendid creatures


I lusted for were young enough to be

daughters to me...but their mothers...


oh I remember them as fresh and mischievous

as their offspring now are...and still not so tame...)


and felt as though I entered a rift in time

where I was always charged to the full in my hungers


and ever ready to slice a piece of the sun off as my sweet fruit

and the nectar of blooming as my killer wine...


oh past my prime I may be

but a greater prime holds me now


and all the full fading of richness has its own

last fire through the veins in the vineyard of old


I no longer recognize except in the aromas

of the fresh buddings of these new scenes


that make all thing new...as given...




Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: