Friday, November 2, 2012

I'm not unaffected

by the misery of the world


but there is a certain detachment

as I sit and watch the world


settle its accounts

and those who thought


they had no part in it

but their inadequacy in the face


of some divine imperative

get a bill they cannot hope to pay off


except with their suffering


pain may be universal

and our capacity to suffer

is ours alone


and in the mass privations

of this apocalypse


each of us fill our space

in the grand puzzle


that we accept as some grand Plan

well...have it so if you will...


everything lies in the hands

we turn palms down


or up depending on our understanding

will you be up? will you be down?


this is the judgement

and this is your penance


I sit here with my own load of woes

no different than anyone else's


and I also awaiting the casting of divine lots

I also await the outcome and the price...



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.


No comments: