Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm among my fellow beasts


I know a Greater Life surrounds us

but I hate Truth


it torpedoes so much pleasure so much fun

so much escape from our living woes


I'm sorry I've failed to follow that higher calling

but fuck...even our debauchery


cannot be counted upon...

and the merciless judgment is harsh and unmoveable


I'm among my fellow beasts

and we howl for help or out of bloodlust


who the hell knows the difference?

I see visions without drugs


I have orgasms without sex

I crossed some line and have no clue


where I've ended up

but all in creation has the same dealer the same pimp


the same snake oil salesman

and worse he works on divine commission


well it took me this long to say fuck it

and all illuminated unattended moments


shine in my mind

like a sepia sunset shining fuzzy light


horizontally on a crucified figure

on which every notion of deliverance and joy hangs


this is the tone of a lifetime that will atend me

on my final tearing here where


I'm among my fellow beasts...awaiting blessed slaughter...



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.




No comments: