Saturday, October 6, 2012

you know how much I love the night

how happy I start to get around twilight

as the deep blue fading of day

gives a last blazing aura

around the gabled tops of the apartment houses


nothing in life (not even my dreams)

gives me such pleasure as the light fading

and the stars bleeding slowly

into view as the sky darkens and the night descends

with such all-embracing presence


that the soul titivates within the skin

and the love of people is shared by those like you

who in their disdain of day praise all being

for the open concourse of like spirits visible at last

as they truly are


hungry and vivid in their love of life

this is where I belong in this earth

this is how much I love the night...



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.


No comments: