Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I may be blocked crushed

denied and done down

every remaining step of the way

in this vicious sojourn

this unfortunate life


but I will not allow

God's unrelenting unmerciful

unforgiving vengeance

to make me miserable over a lifetime

of lessons and punishments


that have corrected my error

and made me aware of my failures

God may not forgive

but those of us who've been humbled

forgive each other


let that count for the truth of our sufferings

let that be some cosmic price finally paid

and if there is mercy in all this pain

let's not look for it because we'd only deluded ourselves

I'd rather die and lie still in my ruin


then go on like this with not one saving grace availing

I'll be true to my wife my mistress my friend

even my enemy I'll take drink with

let God do His worse and let it fire me up

to do my best...little good as that may be...


and let it all turn out as it will

and let me wind up where I will need to be...



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: