Wednesday, April 25, 2012

the trance was broken

and suddenly I was myself again


how many years lost to my mind

how many loved one gone


as I looked and didn't recognize

where I was but didn't care


as long as I was...




and as memory reconfirmed my identity

what had been so fated


so necessary with which to be reckoned

was so faded and distant only God could care


as He no longer did since here

I was and there it is and


what I endured I endure no longer


I had freed myself from hanging traps

and spikes flying into the ground


from something larger and stronger than me

and while it still stalked me


I slipped through the miasma of my dark brow


and the trance was broken and now so am I

wondering what the hell am I going to do now?



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.










No comments: