Sunday, April 8, 2012

merry jokester

you're running out punchlines

to ease the pain

of God's seemingly heartless judgement


you want your idea of divine intervention

because you think Grace does not supersede Karma

the joke's on you if you think

amends and atonements will make any difference


or that mercy is in the divine vocabulary

no miracle will happen as you struggle along

resenting every price for every misstep that God deems so fatal

oh merry jokester make a joke of that


and even then God will have you beat

think of the joke where a drowning man

cries to God saying "Lord I'm drowning! Save me!"

a boat passes and someone on board yells "need help?"


and the guy says "No thanks! I'm waiting for God to save me!"

the boat leaves and another comes and a sailor

leans over the rail saying "Here--grab this line!"

and the guy says "No thanks! I'm waiting on the Lord!"


Finally the guy goes under and drowns

and when his soul goes through the Pearly Gates

he walks indignantly up to God and says

"I prayed to You to save me and You let me drown! Why?"


and God looks at him and says

"Asshole! I sent two boats to save you!!!"


merry jokester

can your feeble humor top that?



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.


No comments: