Friday, June 10, 2011

the long night is almost over--

no one who saw me come

is around to see me go--

I rejoin who was parted from me or not--

there is no reason to hope

when certainty will suffice--

if you know where you've been

you will know where you're going or not--

I saw stars fall but they came too thick and too fast

to wish on any of them--but that is also

a useless endeavor--think of all you could have done

and you will cry or not--

but the long night is drawing down

and if it's dawn you've been hankering for

then know I have awaited it also

and you can join me here or not--

even if it's darker than night--blacker than pitch--

or pure nothingness aware of itself--

you will know that I know that you know that I know

and it will matter to some other one's day or not--

but for us the long night is ending--

ready or not...



Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: