Tuesday, September 29, 2015

THAT PERFECT MASK

I was busy musing over

your face

that perfect mask

clandestine at heart


while a yokel is presented

before the latest committee

for approval as a token

a plaster on culture's corns


I was subsumed in how

you flow through this like an eel

but then I remembered how easy it is

to forget where you came from


so you learned what you needed

to bring down every last man

but sooooo gently and sooooo concerned

and your tally mounts as you lathe the web fine


out of some dull-witted non-second

I remembered and marked on that face

that never understood it was a little late

for gestures better suited to some plea for excuse


that face that manifested all sky above earth below

as a last comfort to me who await an embrace

from her to close everything that has contact

with this messenger traveling out in plain sight


all these revolutions of soul read in your face

as if I Breton awaited Nadja restless as a rodent in a trap

in this Dore shaded images of the unreality beneath reality

the foundation the crumbling of dirt of our passing


in this Light








Content (c) 2008-2015 Philip Milito.

No comments: