Saturday, November 3, 2012

once again (and


probably to the end

of this horrible sojourn)


the past I grew up in

and loved more in retrospect


than in the actual living

will haunt my thoughts


and shake my heart

with all I should have done


and didn't

or wanted to do and couldn't


the loves that went stale

(my commitments


to lovers that turned into

horror shows of karmic strife


that ruined all intent

on amendment and absolution)


and the loves that came too late

(the kindred souls I should


have had coming a generation

after the good we could have had


oh my sister why here? why now?)

but after all


all come to this dissolution

this run out of luck or grace


this end of the line

where our whole love swells


and once again the darkness falls...




Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.





No comments: