Thursday, July 21, 2011

HAVE SOME OBSERVATIONS:


God saw a thirsty man crawling through a desert--

so God mercifully gave him water

by drowning him in the kind of floods the deserts had never before seen--



*


don't cry out for a rope at the bottom of a pit--

your rescuers will only throw you a noose


*


a woman died in birthing--

seems the baby tore the Veil of Forgetfulness

remembered the life it was bound to suffer here

and refused to be born--

thus causing his mother an agonizing death



*


bodhisattvas ruin their own salvation by vowing

not to enter Nirvana until all sentient beings are saved--


but then a bodhisattva might be saved precisely because they've

made such an outlandish sacrifice--


I wish I could tell you so for sure--but then I am--and we are--

not bodhisattvas--are we?



*


do unto others as you would have others do onto you--

unless you hate yourself--in which case

please do not be so generous of spirit



*


so the holy joes tell me--

I trusted--I failed--

therefore my place in heaven is assured--



*



beat the blackened surface sufficiently

and it will whiten under the blows--



it is thus we are led away from any earthly path





Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: