Tuesday, March 23, 2010

in whose name do I kill now?

now that America's own fundamentalist terrorists
have surfaced in the "Tea Party" brand name
of ignorance fear and hatred
for whose agenda do I bear arms?

do I pick up a gun and start firing away
at unpatriotic Right Wing gangsters
who've killed us picked our pockets and left us
a corpse by the roadside?

should I side with the nobly self-regarding Left
and bless the spectacle from inside a gated 'community'
while mind-controlling their bratty little bastards
with status and an intractable sense of entitlement?

anarchy? what the hell is anarchy
but another pretense to the Socratic Dilemma
and a gang of malcontents who'll turn on each other
when they've exhausted their supply of easy foes?

so with the lost Republican dream of individuality
NOT excluding help to one's neighbor--
so with the lost Democratic ideal of all needs filled
and a perpetual acknowledgments of all shades of One--

so with the anarchists who fail because they have not
evolved to the understanding of autonomy--
so it is with my hesitation that keeps me from forward movement--
how on earth (literally) do I defend myself

without being any one of these?


Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito.

No comments: