Thursday, February 12, 2009

I delivered the goods
but came up short--
welched on by every
jackass with a theory

I told of my truth--
caught on the fly
as image and insight
cemented my vision

to an eternal particular--
which passed in the instant
of its happening--and was
as far gone as Atlantis

a merest moment afterward--
so why do I weep
when what I weep was swept away
in its own doing

and stays as preserved
as memory as long as the head
holding it endures--and the heart
after that head--likewise passes-

so I delivered the goods--
They are what they are--
and if that's not what you wanted--
well--don't complain--we're all busted now-

and stuck with what we have--
and stuck with what we have--
and stuck with what we have--

and stuck with who we are--


                                            (c)2009 Philip Milito.  All rights reserved.


No comments: