Wednesday, May 13, 2015

for two more centuries

the assholes of the hierarchy will rule


our individual freedoms will be as nothing

we will be herded like sheep


and slaughtered like pigs

and we'll welcome it as an eternal norm...


and that's why if I have any real say over it

I won't reincarnate until two and a half centuries


have passed...I want to be among the ones who'll

reestablish human freedom so that each person


will be able to make him or her own moral choice...

for each to choose for him/herself their moral decision...


ages see-saw back and forth trying to strike

an elusive balance that might be the closest we get to grace


but the last word is not ours

and the struggle to enlightenment carries on


from age to age...and I am glad to be done with this time...

nothing I've loved has survived...and nothing I want


will be found in this next era of horror in the disgusting world

we make of the beautiful earth....






Content (c) 2008-2015 Philip Milito.



No comments: