Monday, February 23, 2015

deserts as far as the eye can see

and a neon aurora dancing at a slight distance


the first (and so far last) time I saw Las Vegas

it was coming out of the desert


the night sky washing out as my travel companion and I

were rolling in for a $10 motel and a $3 breakfast


(this was a hell of a long time ago

you understand...)


it was like a bad sci-fi movie

some gofer's idea of Heinlein or Asimov


and just seven hours away from Santa Monica

to an early place where my life


would begin to fragment...


now when I think of it

it is more vivid than other memories to which I've clung


and to which I added onto my sad self-biography...

it means nothing now...Las Vegas and Santa Monica


so long ago that they sound like someone else's story...and are....






Content (c) 2008-2015 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.


No comments: