Monday, December 10, 2012

if you're tired of this whining sadness

think about how I feel

sitting in this very flesh


watching this half-wit try to stage-manage

his destiny and frustrating it

by ignoring every authentic call


to action by imposing a willfully

constructed Plan that took for granted

the Universe's cooperation


his acknowledged confusion

distorting divine hints

with grumbling shame and hard defense


I'm one with my kind over the pains and joys

of drawing breath and struggle as hard

not to envy or hate a one for what they get


is the awarding for what they've done

and if mine by a paltry ruin

what is there left but let out a cry


oh I refuse to...better I rest my nerves

and my mouth and sing no more

unless it be to praise...




Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: