Sunday, December 16, 2012

you get serious with me

talking my ear off

about sorrows

you project on my angers


by claiming I dump on you

take all my misery out on you

get snarky and shit on your little happiness

when all I'm doing is sweating the next job


like everyone else I know these days

this is no metaphysical shit

just plain old worldly how the fuck

do I pay these fucking bills?


hock and smother me tell me I'm worthless

then apologize after you've seen

I've cleaned upon upon mess

and now I'm so sorry I did


get serious with me

I haven't laughed in at least two weeks

get serious while your denial

establishes a framework for your fears


while I take care of business

and turn on my side to sleep....



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.



No comments: