Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thank God for everything--

and for everything     else.....


                                                                       *

I'm teaching my stump to move--

it's responding magnificantly--
I tell it to go forward or backward 
it vibrates--
I tell it to stand still
it vibrates 

It vibrates--and I learn....

                                                                       *
I dove into the river--
the water turned to ice--

well, you can imagine the rest--
my prescience was attacked--belittled--

by those who stood 
shivering on the shore

as a harness pulled my broken bones
through its own tropical miasma--


                                                   

                      Content (c) 2008-2009 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: