Monday, March 9, 2009

Forgive the misspellings, Mr. Miyagi
(this is what happens when you rush...

back    contrite    from feral fowl flights...
sauntering slowly over fields
 of green rubbery turds
as the misshapen honking bodies

rise on improbable wings...)

I was curious as to who picked the twice-poisoned
dog for a blogname
from the one piece of mine
known to posterity...

but I see in following
I'm a year (or more) too late...

Such it is with me--

the eternity-filled mind
bringing the time-bound body
to its stumblings--unconcerned
for the immense tension

of act and result--the torque of math
that holds us to our earthly lessons--

The world of Time leaves me in shambles--
 But dimensions beyond this measure      soothe

renew--and confound once again any notion
that a third piece of meat
is the Manna---

so        peaceful and measured
after yet another gray morning
I can do without...
I phrase it in an open-hearted surrender

to all twice-poisoned things--
(and in the greatest respect and best wishes 
for what good     sustains you--

Mr. Miyagi...where are thou?

                                    

              Content (c) 2008-2009 Philip Milito.  All rights reserved.

No comments: