Wednesday, February 20, 2013

THIS IS HOW WE DO IT

the new tyranny has arrived...


same as the old one really


but more trendy

more smug

more entitled

more self-centered

(not the kind of people

you want to bring you a rope

when you're hanging off a cliff...

they may not approve

of your breathing...)


and yeah I know

this is the current template

in this disgustingly hypocritical New Age

this new group-think

as much against some imagined 'others'

than any previous mindset that ever existed


but hey

age has its delights

(especially decline)

and so I decline my chance

to keep up with this crew

I'll be happier to go

than they'll be to see me leave


let these do their damage

as ever

they'll find out the hard way

their children are not their friends


and what will age mean for them

in what future world

they will not imagine

or understand?




Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: