Wednesday, September 19, 2012

to those who did not get the memo

(as they say)

you're going to have to mind your manners

calibrate your responses

stop playing the fool and expect instant forgiveness

(or at least accommodation)


while human nature will never change

here in the world's extreme sport stadium

know that you'll learn to beware who you step to...

know that your might may not be right or enough

to vanquish your perceived foe

know that adjustment will be required


and that will be change enough for now

(the ongoing illumination of our beings

followed through rung upon rung

of our own Jacob's Ladders)


so treat me as you'd want to be treated

(why must this still be said?)

do me false and I'll respond


cut you a little

I'll teach you respect

cut you a lot

I'll make you humble




Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: